Thanks so much for coming to my presentation.
For more information and recipes, check out my book, How to Instant Pot.
Creamy Butternut Squash
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
ACTIVE TIME: 5 minutes
YIELD: Serves 6
1 cup water
1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons crème fraîche, heavy (whipping) cream, or coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Salted butter or crushed pistachios, for serving
1. Place the steaming rack on the bottom of the inner pot and add the water. Place a silicone or collapsible metal steaming basket on top of the rack and then place the squash inside the basket.
2. Close and lock the lid. Set the valve to Sealing. Press Manual or Pressure Cook and use the Pressure or Pressure Level button to select High Pressure. Use the - or + button to set the time to 10 minutes.
3. When the cooking cycle ends, carefully use a wooden spoon to release the pressure by turning the pressure-release valve to Venting. (The pressure is released when the small metal float valve next to the pressure-release valve sinks back into the lid and the lid is no longer locked.)
4. Press Cancel and remove the lid. Wearing oven mitts, remove the steaming basket from the inner pot (be careful — it’s hot!) and transfer the squash, crème fraîche, salt, and pepper to a large serving bowl. Use a potato masher to smash the squash and combine thoroughly.
5. Serve hot, topped with butter.